In this post I am going to show you how to make Paneer Sandwich recipe at home on tawa.
Whenever I think of a easy and tasty breakfast paneer sandwich always comes into my mind.
These sandwiches are very tasty, especially kids love it very much. It is also a perfect lunch box recipe for them.
This is a very simple recipe and the cool thing about it is, you can add any vegetables of your choice or available.
If you are going to have late lunch then paneer sandwiches are the best rich breakfast you can have.
I am going to make paneer sandwiches on tawa and you can make it using sandwich maker as well. The whole process will be the same except grilling/roasting.
- 100 gm Paneer grated
- 2 Onions diced
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 50 gm Fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 10 Bread slices
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a big bowl and add grated paneer, tomatoes, onions, green chilies, fresh coriander, black pepper powder, salt to taste, cream and give it a nice mix.
- Now take bread slices and spread butter over them only on one side.
- Now put the mixture of all the ingredients on half of the bread slices and put remaining bread slices over them and make nice sandwiches. Just keep in mind that you should keep the side of the bread slices which have butter over it on the inner side of the sandwich.
- Now turn on the flame and pre-heat the tawa and spread butter on it.
- Now place sandwich on the tawa and roast for 2 minutes.
- Spread some butter on the bread slice
- After that flip the sandwich on the other side and roast it for 2 minutes.
- Now the sandwich is ready to serve.
- Before putting other sandwich or bunch of sandwiches on the tawa, sprinkle some water on the tawa and then repeat the process with other sandwiches.
- Now your sandwiches are ready to serve. You can serve them with any sauce or chutney you like. It really taste good with tomato ketchup.
- If you want to make this paneer sandwich healthy then you can avoid cream and butter. But I will advice you to add at least a little bit of cream because it works as an binding agent in this recipe.
- You can skip green chilies or you can add red chilli powder instead.
- You can also add vegetables of your choice like grated/finely diced carrot etc while adding other vegetables.
How to make Paneer Sandwich Recipe
Take a bowl and add grated paneer, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, fresh coriander, green chillies, black pepper powder, salt to taste and cream in it.
Mix all the vegetables well. Make sure that all the vegetables are perfectly bound together. Basically cream works as binding agent here so you can add some more cream if you like if you needed.
Now take bread slices and spread butter over them only one side of the bread.
Now put the mixture of all the vegetables on half of the bread slices. just remember that you have to put the mixture on the side of the bread slices which have butter on.
Then put the remaining bread slices on the mixture and make nice sandwiches. Make sure that you should keep the butter sides of the bread on the inner side of the sandwich.
Now turn on the flame and pre-heat pan/tawa. Then spread some butter on it.
Then put sandwich on tawa and roast for 2 minutes.
While roasting spread some butter on the upper bread slice.
After 2 minutes, flip the sandwich and roasted for 2 minutes.
Now the sandwiches ready to serve.
Before putting another sandwich or bunch of sandwiches sprinkle some water on the tawa. This is to cool down the tawa because if we directly put the sandwiches on the hot Tawa then the Paneer inside the sandwiches will not get enough heat and time to melt, which we don’t want.
So after sprinkling some water place the sandwiches and repeat the process again.
You can serve the sandwiches with whatever chutney you prefer. It really tastes good with tomato ketchup.
Other Paneer Recipes: